We tackle the underrepresentation of high-skilled minority employees in Boston’s innovation economy. We recruit Black and Latinx students pursuing careers in software engineering, data analytics, information technology, and UX/UI design into the city’s fastest-growing companies — training, coaching and mentoring both employer and employee throughout the experience.
What’s our vision? We want a 100% increase in the number of Black and Latinx technical talent in the innovation economy in Boston.
2021 Hack.Diversity Fellowship
Join the Hack.Diversity Movement to build a more inclusive, innovative, and prosperous Boston. We partner with the city’s fastest growing tech teams to identify, develop, and equip high-performing talent — who predominantly identify as Black or Latinx — to launch careers as software engineers, IT professionals, and data analysts within the innovation economy.
- Apply by August 10th for a decision by September 1st
- Apply by final deadline of September 28th
- Interviews for early applications will take place before 9/1
- Interviews for all others will happen end of October
Program Timeline (20 hours per month):
- December/January virtual onboarding & offer signing
- Late January start – one full day Saturday session
- Jan-May programming (evening sessions roughly every other week, mentor meetings on your schedule, optional office hours)
- Interview Application, Interview, and Offers (not guaranteed) will happen between April & May
- If matched to an internship, internships will be 40 hours a week for roughly 12 weeks in the summer
- If not matched, Fellows will continue to have office hours, mentorship, and job placement trainings
- Fellowship graduation in late August
The Fellowship program runs from January to May. All will have the opportunity to interview for paid summer internships. The Fellows matched to internships are committed to a full-time summer internship starting in June and ending in August.