Interested in learning about internship and full time jobs in fields related to statistics and/or data science?
National Institute of Statistical Sciences (NISS) will sponsor a 3rd Industry Career Fair, on Wednesday, February 19, 12-1:15 pm ET [9-10:15 am PT] that features career opportunities at Amazon, AT&T, Medtronic, and RAND Corporation.
The virtual career fair will use Zoom. Each presenter will have 15 minutes to address the follow general topics:
- What are the job opportunities for statisticians/data scientists/analysts in your organization?
- Describe the range of skills statisticians/data scientists/analysts need to succeed in your organization?
- What is the career path for statisticians/data scientists/analysts in your organization?
- Is your organization currently hiring statisticians/data scientists/analysts?
- What advice would you give to students based on your experience?
Students/Faculty (at all levels) from NISS Affiliate Institutions who may be interested in learning career opportunities in non-healthcare industry either now or in the future. The career fair may also be of interest to those who are considering a career change to work in non-healthcare industry either now or in the future!
To register for the virtual career fair, your organization needs to be a NISS affiliate. Please check the list of NISS affiliates to see if your organization is a NISS affiliate. If you qualify to register, please use your .edu, .gov or .com email address when registering.
While the live event is limited to NISS affiliates, NISS will subsequently make video recordings from the fair available to the public at its website (www.niss.org) under News -> Meet-up Recordings on March 19.
We invite members from NISS affiliate organizations to join us at this third industry virtual career fair.
The Career Fair will be conducted using Zoom. REGISTER TODAY!