This summer is all about resumes. Almost every time you apply for a job, you will need to submit a resume. You might need to submit other documents, too, but a resume is usually a must-have for any job application that you complete, making it crucial for students to understand what resumes are.
- Brief, personalized, and well-formatted overviews of your professional history
- A way to show your most excellent endeavors
- Documents that you should know inside and out
RESUMES ARE NOT:
- At all fabricated or exaggerated
- Emotional stories on why you should get a job
- A description of everything you’ve done (you should only include the most important highlights)
Remember to never lie on your resume and save personal details or lengthy descriptions for a cover letter. It can be hard deleting things from a resume as you get more experienced, but it’s important to prioritize your most important accomplishments because when you only have one page, it’s crucial to make that space count.