Students: Apply now to be the next Young Tax Professional of the Year!
Great news! EY is again hosting its Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) Competition. This presents a distinctive opportunity for our successful and motivated students to display a wide range of tax, legal and general business knowledge as well as analytical and presentation skills in a fun and exciting case study contest. You also have a chance to win scholarship funding! And it is an amazing opportunity for networking and teaming experiences.
- Grow your network and learn from business and academic leaders
- Collaborate with students from around the US—and potentially the world
- Enhance your presentation and communication skills
- Differentiate yourself as a future leader—just by participating in this experience
- Compete to win prizes, including scholarship funds
- First place US winner: US$3,000 scholarship
- Second place US runner-up: US$1,500 scholarship
About the event
YTPY is a two-part competition – first, here in the US and then at the global level. To learn more about the competition and hear from past YTPY participants, watch this video, and get even more details on the official US competition website.
Here’s how it works
The US YTPY competition involves several steps:
- Step 1: Complete the application form by Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. ET. Click here for the application link.
- Step 2: Qualified applicants will receive an email inviting you to join a kickoff call on September 15.
- Step 3: The next day, you will receive an email with the case study, and a separate email from the Yello app with a link to record your video responses to a series of questions about the case. The video recording is due by September 21.
- Step 4: On October 1, those reaching the finals will be notified and invited to participate in a series of virtual events between October 5 and 23, culminating in a competition to identify the US winner.
- Step 5: The US winner is invited to participate in the virtual global competition to be held in November. That competition is also a case study challenge and simulated client presentation competition.
Who is eligible for YTPY
EY is accepting applications from the following student groups:
- Accounting, business and STEM students who are current juniors, seniors or graduate level
- Law students who are 3Ls or Tax LLM students
- Applicants should have no more than two years of tax work experience (domestic or global) before applying to YTPY
- Previous YTPY participants who advanced as finalists are not permitted to participate again
Could you be the next Young Tax Professional of the Year?
You’ll never know unless you apply! We hope you will participate in this great brand- and career-building opportunity. Good luck!
For questions, please contact EY’s 2020 YTPY Project Manager, Jose Garcia, at firstname.lastname@example.org