LinkedIn is like your careers Instagram. You want to have a lot of followers, good content, a strong profile picture, and high engagement rates. Now you put a lot of time into your Instagram but your LinkedIn is looking a little unloved lately. It’s time to change that. Take a few moments this week to show you LinkedIn profile some love. As a matter of fact, this platform also serves as a first impression of you and your career to many prospective hiring managers. Do you really still want your senior year high school headshot as your profile picture? …. I didn’t think so either.
Here is a list of ways you can improve your LinkedIn today!
- Update your profile picture – make it professional, clean, and clear
- Add new accomplishments to your profile
- Post a new article you read recently
- Have a friend or colleague endorse you for a skill
- Add your most recent courses to your list
- Update your profile section to reflect your current status
- Comment on other’s posts to congratulate them on their efforts
- Follow a new group you are interested in
- Improve your profiles SEO
- Add multimedia to your summary