So now that you’ve had a really productive summer, how can you convey that on your resume? Below is a suggestion.
SUMMER 2020 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Committed approximately 20 hours per week to studying for CFA Level I; sitting for exam in June 2021
- Completed LinkedIn Learning modules to develop and enhance techical skills and finance knowledge: Excel: Advanced Formulas and Functions, Excel for Investment Professionals, Behavioral Finance Foundations, and Economic Indicators
- Read several popular finance books including: The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham and Jason Zweig, Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis, and Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar
- Explored the various features and functionality of FactSet and Capital IQ via remote access granted through the Bentley Trading Room; spent approximately 10 hours of time learning each program
- Conducted informational interviews with three professionals in the investment management industry to better understand day-to-day responsibilities, career paths, and company culture
Next fall, if you were in the shoes of a recruiter, wouldn’t you be impressed by a candidate who took this kind of initiative over the summer?!