I know this must be a very stressful and confusing time for you all so I want to re-assure you of one very important thing – the Undergraduate Career Development Center is HERE FOR YOU and TO HELP YOU!
Yes, the way that we do business, you go to class, and we engage with each other will change dramatically for the foreseeable future but that doesn’t mean that we stop – WE KEEP GOING, we are just going to do it in a DIFFERENT way and that is OKAY!
The Pulsifer Undergraduate Career Development Center has been working on a plan to keep you actively engaged with your career coach and employers.
So here’s what you need to know & do:
- ALL of our operations will continue REMOTELY for the remainder of the academic year, this includes: one on one coaching appointments, career community events and programs, and second session CDI 101 classes.
- Although our physical office will be closed, the center will continue to operate remotely and maintain its regular hours of operation, from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST Monday-Friday.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS will be conducted via Zoom or Skype and can be scheduled on BentleyLink anytime or by calling 781-891-2165 during regular business hours.
- In lieu of drop In’s, all coaches have INCREASED their appointment openings, and their updated availability is now on BentleyLink. First-year students and sophomores will receive email communication from Kristine Vidic and all junior and senior dedicated career coaches will communicate with their major populations regarding specific coaching support & programming shortly. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS CORRESPONDENCE!
- All large scale on campus and off campus events have been cancelled, however, and other virtual career community and coaching events will be developed and scheduled over the next few weeks. Be sure to visit CareerEdge regularly to find out about upcoming on-line programming and events.
- Please be sure that your preferences on CareerEdge are up to date so you get the most up to date information in a timely manner – log into your account to update your content and frequency preferences and remember to READ THE E-ALERTS & all correspondence from our office!
- In addition to BentleyLink, CareerEdge features resources that have thousands of fulltime job and internship postings, including LinkedIn Internship/Job postings, Vault, GoinGlobal, Big Internships, and specialized job posting resources by Career Community. Additionally, virtual interview preparation and practice support are available on Big Interview. Be sure to check and use these resources regularly if you are currently looking for an internship or full-time position.
- Below is a great article from Vault about what to do next now that we are going remote – I encourage you to READ IT!
Lastly, please keep calm and stay on track with your studies and career development – don’t let this temporary situation derail you and your efforts.
If you schedule a virtual appointment to figure out your plan of action in this time of change, read all emails from our office and your coaches, and stay actively engaged with our office and your job search process, you will be fine!
REMEMBER: The game may have changed, but you are still the player – so KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME and KEEP PLAYING . . . you can’t win if you don’t play!
We look forward to continuing to support and assist you in any and every way we can!
Take care and all the best,