If this is an area that you are interested in pursuing, registration for the next CANE meeting is now open!
In describing this event, Prof. Emmy Roth said the following:
“I have attended this semiannual conference a number of times and each time have learned about really interesting problems of concern to Property & Casualty actuaries (fracking, AI applications, issues resulting from wildfires and hurricanes, etc). I believe they typically have a student-oriented program at the spring meeting.”
Please see below for details on how to register for the meeting.
The next CANE meeting will be Friday March 6, 2020 at the Foxwoods Casino & Resort in Mashantucket, CT. Registration is now open.
Note that when you register, there is a mandatory question in the lower left that asks if you want to “Subscribe to Exhibitor/Sponsor Mailings”. We have been told that this question is in place to conform to GDPR regulations and cannot be omitted. However, there will be no Exhibitor/Sponsor Mailings coming from this event. Here is the link to register:
Registration fees are:
- $135 Regular Registration
- $85 Government Employees / Retirees / Currently Unemployed
- $10 College Students/Professors
- An additional $25 late fee will be added to any registration after Friday February 28th
1) Reinventing Wall Street with Artificial Intelligence and Predictive Analytics; Professor Anasse Bari of New York University
2) Crashing, Crash Avoidance and the Future of Driving; Matt Moore, Senior Vice President of HLDI
3) The Promise, Pitfalls and Process of AI; Stephen Mildenhall, St. John’s University
4) New England Flooding; David Vallee, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
5) Homeowners Trends; Bayard Gennert and Grier Dienstag, McKinsey
6) Professionalism: Issues Related to Expansion and Liquidation of an Insurance Carrier; Bill Burns, ACAS, MAAA, VP, Insurance Research, Conning and Mike Toothman, FCAS, MAAA