The job search season is among many of us and the Career Services office is here to support you along the way. Kicking off the semester as always is the bi-annual Career Fair. This year we will have over 130 companies represented across all industries and looking for potential candidates across all disciplines.
Before you head over the Career Fair though be sure the download The Fairs App. Here’s a bit more information you should know about The Fairs App:
What is the Fairs App and where can I get it?
The Fairs App allows for you to access fair information at the tip of your fingers with everything you need to know before and during the Career Fair to ensure successful networking. It includes a list of available companies, general announcements, an interactive map, and even a filter section to tailor your professional interests.
It’s free and available to be downloaded in the App Store for all types of phones!
What are the benefits?
- Receive announcements and notifications to keep you constantly updated on information
- Strategically plan which companies you want to visit by accessing a comprehensive list of all companies in the app
- Outline your plan of attack on how and when you want to go to each company based on where they are located using the interactive map feature
- Tailor your experience and interests based on the filters to narrow down which exhibitors match your professional interests
What other features does the Fairs App offer?
- Favorite/Starring feature – “favorite” employers that pique your interest so you know which ones to talk to when the big day comes
- Summary pages – read through an employer summary to understand the company at a high level and what type(s) of student they are looking to hire
- Interactive map – as mentioned before, this is a perfect application to see where all the employers will be located and how you can target the companies in a strategic way