Did you know that you can access Analyst Reports from the Bentley Library website? Analyst Reports (sometimes called Sell-Side Reports) are research reports written by Equity Research analysts that focus on a particular stock or industry. These can be a great way to gather information when conducting company research during your job or internship search or just to learn more about whether equity analysts from respective banks are bullish or bearish on the stock.
Here’s how to Find Analyst Reports:
- Go to the Bentley Library Website
- Click on Research > Databases A-Z
- Click on the link for “Investext from Mergent”
- Once within the Mergent website, click on the “Investext” tab
- You can search by many different criteria (company name / ticker, industry, subject, keywords and more)
An additional tip is that if you search for “Initiating Coverage” reports, you will get a more robust report as it is the first time the bank or analyst is following a particular company. I searched for Uber recently following their May IPO and found a nice 16 page report from Wedbush Securities with the headline “Initiating on the Amazon of Transportation; FAANG Club Could Have a New Member”.
You will gain so much knowledge by reading analyst reports and will absolutely impress your interviewers when they quiz you about your company and/or industry knowledge, so this is a great resource for you to know about!