The Clifton StrengthsFinder results describe this talent theme as follows; “Woo stands for winning others over. You enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and getting them to like you. Strangers are rarely intimidating to you. On the contrary, strangers can be energizing. You are drawn to them. You want to learn their names, ask them questions, and find some area of common interest so that you can strike up a conversation and build rapport. Some people shy away from starting up conversations because they worry about running out of things to say. You don’t. Not only are you rarely at a loss for words; you actually enjoy initiating with strangers because you derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection. Once that connection is made, you are quite happy to wrap it up and move on. There are new people to meet, new rooms to work, new crowds to mingle in. In your world there are no strangers, only friends you haven’t met yet — lots of them.”
If the above description describes you, be sure to read below for career tips and tricks tailored to your strengths!
People who are especially talented in the Woo theme spend time every day interacting with numerous people.
Career Search Tips for Woo Talents:
- Deliberately build your network of acquaintances. Tend to it by checking in with each person at least once a month.
- Join local organizations, volunteer for boards, and find ways to get on the social lists of the influential people in your community.
- Learn the names of as many people as you can. Build an index of the people you know and add names as you become acquainted. Include a snippet of personal information for each contact – such as his or her birthday, favorite color, hobby, or favorite sports team.
- Stay in touch with your peers in professional organizations. This will help you build your network and increase the number of experienced resources you can tap for help with any issues that arise.
- In social situations, take responsibility for helping put more reserved people at ease.
Below is a video created by the Gallup Strengths Center that goes into more detail about the Woo Talent Theme and how it can help you on your path to success!