The Clifton StrengthsFinder results describe this talent theme as follows; “You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people. In the truest sense of the word you want to be recognized. You want to be heard. You want to stand out. You want to be known. In particular, you want to be known and appreciated for the unique strengths you bring. You feel a need to be admired as credible, professional, and successful. Likewise, you want to associate with others who are credible, professional, and successful. And if they aren’t, you will push them to achieve until they are. Or you will move on. An independent spirit, you want your work to be a way of life rather than a job, and in that work you want to be given free rein, the leeway to do things your way. Your yearnings feel intense to you, and you honor those yearnings. And so your life is filled with goals, achievements, or qualifications that you crave. Whatever your focus — and each person is distinct — your Significance theme will keep pulling you upward, away from the mediocre toward the exceptional. It is the theme that keeps you reaching.”
If the above description describes you, be sure to read below for career tips and tricks tailored to your strengths!
People who are especially talented in the Significance theme help others raise the bar.
Career Search Tips for Significance Talents:
- Significant people do important things. Imagine the legacy you want to leave. Picture yourself at retirement, looking back on a life that has made the world a better place. What will you have done to get there?
- Make a list of the goals, achievements, and qualifications you crave and post them where you will see them every day. Use this list to inspire yourself.
- If you perform best when given independence, share that insight with your manager. Be ready to give examples of how you have succeeded with that kind of freedom. After recognizing the value of this insight, your manager likely will give you the space you need to create exceptional results.
- Share your dreams and goals with your colleagues to keep you reaching and accountable for your mission. Your ambitions may motivate them to reach for outcomes they had never before considered.
- Stay focused on performance. Your strong Significance theme will drive you to claim outstanding goals.
Below is a video created by the Gallup Strengths Center that goes into more detail about the Significance Talent Theme and how it can help you on your path to success!