This past Friday on April 5th, 2019, a group of over twenty Bentley students visited the MullenLowe office in Boston, MA. Paul Stanish, Bentley Career Coach, set up this event with Kelly Lane, HR Rep at MullenLowe. A panel of seven Bentley alum spoke about their stories and gave advice to the group of students. There was also a Q&A session, along with a brief networking session. Here are some key takeaways the students learned!
- You will not always be working with a “big name” client, but it is still very valuable to work with any client and gain that experience.
- Do not get discouraged.
- Agencies are very competitive, so find a way to make yourself stand out.
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Everyone takes a different career path.
- You’re going to grind in the beginning, but you will eventually move up!
- Take a leap of faith on LinkedIn.
- The jobs at MullenLowe are full of variety, excitement, and fun!
- Being versatile as a candidate because you will be changing clients.
- We hire people that scare us because Mediocrity scares us more.
- Know how outside classroom experience matches with interest in the classroom.
Good luck to all those going after their career dreams! Don’t lose focus of what you want.