The Clifton StrengthsFinder results describe this talent theme as follows; “‘Stretch the circle wider.’ This is the philosophy around which you orient your life. You want to include people and make them feel part of the group. In direct contrast to those who are drawn only to exclusive groups, you actively avoid those groups that exclude others. You want to expand the group so that as many people as possible can benefit from its support. You hate the sight of someone on the outside looking in. You want to draw them in so that they can feel the warmth of the group. You are an instinctively accepting person. Regardless of race or sex or nationality or personality or faith, you cast few judgments. Judgments can hurt a person’s feelings. Why do that if you don’t have to? Your accepting nature does not necessarily rest on a belief that each of us is different and that one should respect these differences. Rather, it rests on your conviction that fundamentally we are all the same. We are all equally important. Thus, no one should be ignored. Each of us should be included. It is the least we all deserve.”
If the above description describes you, be sure to read below for career tips and tricks tailored to your strengths!
People who are especially talented in the Includer theme should leverage their talents to shrink the gap between insiders and those on the outside.
Career Search Tips for Includer Talents:
- Choose roles in which you are continuously working and interacting with people. You will enjoy the challenge of making everyone feel important.
- Look for opportunities to bring together people of diverse cultures and backgrounds. You can be a leader in this area.
- Help those who are new to a group get to know others. You will be adept at quickly making people feel accepted and involved.
- You naturally look for the best in people. Help your friends and colleagues see what you see.
- Explain what we all have in common. Help others understand that to respect the differences among us (our diversity), we must begin by appreciating what we all share (our similarity).
Below is a video created by the Gallup Strengths Center that goes into more detail about the Includer Talent Theme and how it can help you on your path to success!