The Clifton StrengthsFinder results describe this talent theme as follows; “If you possess a strong Belief theme, you have certain core values that are enduring. These values vary from one person to another, but ordinarily your Belief theme causes you to be family-oriented, altruistic, even spiritual, and to value responsibility and high ethics — both in yourself and others. These core values affect your behavior in many ways. They give your life meaning and satisfaction; in your view, success is more than money and prestige. They provide you with direction, guiding you through the temptations and distractions of life toward a consistent set of priorities. This consistency is the foundation for all your relationships. Your friends call you dependable. “I know where you stand,” they say. Your Belief makes you easy to trust. It also demands that you find work that meshes with your values. Your work must be meaningful; it must matter to you. And guided by your Belief theme it will matter only if it gives you a chance to live out your values.”
If the above description describes you, be sure to read below for career tips and tricks tailored to your strengths!
People who are especially talented in the Belief theme are extremely driven and set the standard for ethical principles.
Career Search Tips for Belief Talents:
- Look for a company whose values align strongly with your own, and who contributes to their community in a similar fashion
- If you are lucky enough to find a company with the same values, look to their mission for strength when the going gets tough.
- Ask an interviewer or someone who has worked from the company what the work-life balance is like. You need a good balance in order to succeed; 50+ hour weeks will throw you off your game. Both areas will benefit when you dedicate enough time and attention to each.
- Seek out a culture that encourages their employees to speak up, and voice your values. This will help others know who you are and how they can relate to you. which will make working with you that much easier for your colleagues.
- Volunteering for a hospital board, school board, or community organization outside of work will help you express your values and make a difference in others.
Below is a video created by the Gallup Strengths Center that goes into more detail about the Belief Talent Theme and how it can help you on your path to success!