- Get your Career Fair Fast Pass: Now thru Tuesday, Sept. 25st, the Recruiting Office (LaCava 205) will be offering all students the
option of obtaining their “Fast Pass to the Career Fair.” Stop by with your student ID between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (9/20 & 9/24 until 7 PM) to get your name tag printed, receive a Bentley lanyard and “Tips for a successful Career Fair.” All students need an updated name tag to gain entry to the Career Fair, so save yourself some time and stress on the day-of by stopping in today. You can also enter to win a pair of Apply AirPods!
- Download the Career Fair App: Simply head to the App Store or Google Play Store and search “the fairs app” and download. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account. Or, head to this blog post for how-to instructions and more!
- Read through our Career Fair Quick Tips: This blog post will help calm your nerves and get you ready for the big day!
- Refresh your resume and get it checked by a Career Colleague or Career Coach: Stop by LaCava 225 to grab our Resume Writing Guide and then use it to update your resume to reflect your most recent experiences and position yourself for success. Then, stop by our office to have it checked over! The student colleagues are in the office everyday from 1 to 2:30 for Sophomore drop-ins, and they’d be happy to take a quick look. If you’re a junior or senior and would prefer to have your designated career coach check it over for you, attend their drop-ins! Click here to view their drop-in schedules.
- Do your Career Fair Research and make a game plan of companies to visit: This is easy to do using our new app, or use our favorite resource, Vault. Be thorough, but don’t stress because the most important information that you should be talking about is yourself and how the company will benefit from hiring you! But it is important to know baseline information about the company, happy researching!
- Prep your ‘Dress for Success’ Business Professional Attire for the Career Fair: Business Professional is a must for this event, check out our guide for more information on the do’s and don’ts of what to wear!
- Print 10-15 nice copies of your resume and put them in your Bentley Pad-folio: The library should have printers set up with card stock later this week, if not you can easily run to Staples and have them printed for you, pretty inexpensively!
- Practice your elevator pitch and rest up! You may even want to practice your handshake, as that is a major key to success.
We will see you on Wednesday in the Bentley Arena between 1 pm and 4 pm. Remember, just be yourself!