Be sure you don’t miss the Finance & Economics Night on Thursday, 9/13/2018 from 5:30-7:30pm in LAC 395 & LAC 325! This is a fantastic opportunity to network with 35+ employers who are actively recruiting for internships and/or full-time roles.
Here are some quick tips to help you prepare for the event:
- RSVP to attend under ‘Workshops & Employer Events’ on BentleyLink.
- Update your resume and make multiple copies to bring with you.
- Research the companies attending. Download the ‘Careers by Symplicity’ app for free and use the ‘Career Fairs’ tab to learn more about the companies that will be attending as well as their open position(s).
- Practice your elevator pitch. You want to leave professionals with a great first impression, so be sure to practice your introduction.
- Suit up! How you present yourself makes a statement, so make sure it’s a good one! The dress code for this event is business professional.
- Follow up. Did you collect any contact information during the event? Have additional questions regarding a specific opportunity? Send a follow up email to the professional thanking them for attending and asking your questions before you apply – this can help keep the communication going and show interest in the opportunity.
Remember, these companies are coming to campus because they want to meet Bentley students…so have fun and good luck!