The Network of Executive Women (NEW) is thrilled to launch it’s 8th year of college mentoring! They are looking for 3-6 female Bentley students who are interested in being connected with a mentor. More details below from NEW:
About Mentors: Our goal is to connect students with a number of successful mentors who represent Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturers and retailers from the greater-Boston area. This program will help students learn about the industry and build connections with professional businesswoman. Already, we have 20+ managers, directors and VPs from respected companies signed up to mentor!
Identifying Students: The criteria for a good mentee would be, but is not limited to, the following:
- Responsive and engaged students; preferably junior & seniors
- Interested in a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) / Retail industry
- Eager to learn and open-minded
- Willing to accept feedback and take action
- Communicates effectively and will actively participate in the mentoring process (e.g. ask questions, contacts mentor regularly, own the relationship, etc.)
- Has a positive attitude and is excited about their career opportunities
- Ability to stay involved with the program the full 2017-18 school year, ideally not traveling abroad or gradating early
Application due 9/14: To get involved, please ask students to complete our “mentee application”. We use this information to help match students to a mentor with similar interests. The application will only take a few minutes to complete and can be found here: NEW College Mentoring Program: Mentee Application. Students are also asked to provide their resume.
NEW Mentoring dates to save: The program is quite flexible and students can work with their mentors to determine how and when they would like to talk. For events, there are a couple of events in October that student are expected to attend.
- Required: Our Kick-Off Event on Thursday, October 5th at ~5:30-8:30pm. Students will connect in-person with their mentor and other participants. Location: Waltham, MA dinner launch event
- Required: NEW New England Fall Learning Event on Friday, October 20th in the afternoon. As one of NEW’s 2 keynote events, the students get the “full effect” of the Network by attending this event with 250+ businesswomen from the industry. This falls’ event will focus on millennials and working with several generations in the workplace. Location TBD
- In addition, we have a virtual webinar and a site tour at Polar in Worcester MA also in the works