Are you struggling to find an internship because you don’t have any work experience? When almost every internship requires some level of experience, it can seem impossible to make your foray into the working world. However, if you frame the experiences you do have by highlighting your skills that would be useful in a work setting, you’ll find that landing an internship is anything but impossible. Here are some ways you can build out your résumé to become a more desirable candidate for an internship, all while you’re still in school.
- Join a club: to demonstrate your teamwork and/or leadership skills.
- Get a student job: to show your work ethic and possibly gain office experience.
- Take relevant classes: so you can develop transferable skills for roles you are targeting.
- Expand your skill set: for example, many Bentley students gain Bloomberg certification.
- Volunteer: to give back to your community and align with the importance’s companies place on corporate social responsibility.
Sources: Vault.com and Bentley Career Services