If you are a Finance or Corporate Finance & Accounting (FI-Focus) major and you haven’t been engaged yet in your full-time job or internship search, you have missed out on some opportunities. The good news is that there are several steps you can take to set yourself up for success next semester!
- If you haven’t done so already, update your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile and have them reviewed during drop-in hours.
- Narrow your focus. Make sure you know what types of full-time or internship opportunities you are looking for. Need help with this? Attend the “Finding Your Career Focus: Self-Assessment” workshop. Do your research on different industries and positions by taking advantage of the Vault, which is a great, in-depth resource that you can access through BentleyLink.
- Brush up on your interview skills. Attend the “Interview like a Pro” workshop and practice using InterviewStream. Don’t wait until the day before you have an interview to start preparing.
- Start monitoring job posting sites regularly. BentleyLink is a great resource, but it is not your only resource. Utilize indeed.com, linkedin.com/studentjobs, or any other industry specific sites that work for you. Make a target list of companies that you would like to apply to and look for opportunities on their websites.
- And finally, I can’t stress the importance of this enough – tap into your network, whether that’s family, friends, coaches, professors or the broader Bentley University Community. Think about setting up some informational meetings over Winter Break with professionals that work at companies or in roles you are interested in. If you need help with your networking skills, attend the “Perks of Your Network” workshop.
It’s time to get in the game! Good luck Falcons!