Fantastic opportunity to be paired with a mentor in the Consumer Packaged Goods / Retail industry! See below. If interested, please send your completed application and resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by this coming Sunday 9/20 at 11:59pm.
The Network of Executive Women (NEW) is now accepting four students from Bentley who would be interested in participating in a Mentor/Mentee relationship with a NEW Committee member. The benefits to the student would be, but not limited to, the following:
- Gain insights into the pros and cons of various career options and paths
- Increase self-awareness and confidence
- Expand their personal network
- Support in transition of new role or location
- Have a sounding board for testing ideas and plans
- Receive positive and constructive feedback on professional and personal development opportunities
The program is focused on engaging undergraduates, preferably Juniors and Seniors, with professionals in the Consumer Packaged Goods / Retail industry, both in a one-on-one mentoring relationship, and in networking and professional development events regionally. The criteria for a good mentee would be, but not limited to, the following:
- Interested in a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods / Retail industry
- Eager to learn and open-minded
- Willing to accept feedback and take action against it
- Communicates effectively and will actively participate in the mentoring process (e.g. ask questions, contacts mentor regularly, own the relationship, etc.)
- Has a positive attitude and is excited about their career options
Please find attached application for this year’s Mentoring Program. Interested students should submit the attached Application and their resume to email@example.com by September 20, 2015.
Important Dates for the program:
Application Deadline: September 20th
Program Kick-off Event: September 24th
Fall NEW Networking Event: November 6th
Once students are selected and confirmed in the program, more details will be sent regarding these events.