Week 2: Cover Letter Writing
- Customize your cover letter to prove you have the skills, interests, and knowledge that align with the internship/full-time opportunity.
- Believe it or not, a cover letter is really not all about you, but rather about the employer.
- Make your cover letter an enjoyable read, but not a novel, or your life story! Remember recruiters read a lot of cover letters and it’s a wonderful moment when they come across a well written one!
- Address your cover letter to a specific professional via nline resources (LinkedIn, GOOGLE, to name a few)
- Your cover letter can represent one of your many skills—your ability to write! Make sure you’re sending a clear, well organized letter.
- Don’t forget to thank the recruiter, or whoever you are addressing in your cover letter, “Thank you for your time and consideration”.
- REVIEW your cover letter and also ask someone else to review your cover letter before you send it.