ALPFA Northeast Regional Student Symposium October 19th!
|ALPFA is committed to providing opportunities for Latino students to develop a competitive edge in obtaining employment and becoming leaders in their respective fields. ALPFA recognizes that as business in this nation continues to evolve, the tools we provide students to have successful careers need to evolve as well. ALPFA Boston will host ALPFA’s Northeast Regional Student Symposium to help ALPFA student members from across the northeast region prepare for their transition from students to professional leaders.
|Enhancing the Leader within You
This year’s program will offer a fresh perspective on the cornerstones of leadership – Communication Skills, Networking and Mentoring. Through a series of interactive sessions participants will be given the tools to navigate through these cornerstones and be exposed to industry professionals who can give them insight into what it takes to be hired and thrive in this market.Outcomes for Regional Student Symposium Participants
- Obtain the skills to identify and effectively communicate the value you can bring to an organization
- Understand the value of having a mentor and/or sponsor and how to develop these kinds of relationships
- Gain exposure to prominent leaders through discussion panels and mentoring sessions
- Get exposure to leading local and national corporations in the Career Fair
8:30 – 9:15 a.m. | Registration & Networking Breakfast
9:15 – 10:30 a.m. | Opening Session:
How to Leverage Relationships to Advance Your Career
Students will be able to select one workshop in each session focused on Communication Strategies and Fundamentals of Relationship Building.
10:40 – 11:40 a.m. Session 1
11:50 – 12:50 p.m. Session 2
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. | Keynote Luncheon and Mentoring Session:
Developing a Roadmap to Transition from Student to Professional
2:30 – 5:00 p.m. | Career Fair
Click here for more details on the program and full description of workshops.
To participate, students must:
- Be an ALPFA member (discount membership option available when registering for event)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the online registration
NOTE: Registration will close on Monday, October 14! Due to State Street building security guidelines, pre–registration is required. Onsite registration or “walk ins” will not be permitted.